A Palestinian-Israeli Community on Facebook
The Crack in the Wall created by the Parents Circle Families Forum, is designed to provide a platform for conversation and engagement between Palestinians and Israelis using social platforms. This initiative will highlight the sanctity of human life across the divide, by preserving dignity, mutual respect and opposing racism, hatred, injustice and any attempt to accept the status quo. This project will give a neutral stage for both sides to be heard and to work for change. By using the innovative technological tools created, people will be able to choose their preferred topics for discussion.
1. The campaign will involve many activities and events
2. Bring to the forefront the fact that there are Israelis and Palestinians who are victims to the conflict and who are determined to work together to end the status quo.
3. Create a degree of humanization in the daily affairs of this conflict that would help solve it with ideals of justice, dignity and real peace.
4. Events are done in a way that allows the participation of all people interested in creative, defiance of status quo.
5. We intend to do so by Cracking the wall of hatred, creating an emotional breach and Acknowledging both side's humanity, making a change and strive for ending the conflict, while recruiting participants from the broad society, not only activists.
On joining the facebook site in the wall, web users can connect through a forum which will have translation in Hebrew and Arabic. They can browse through targeted calls, "Round Tables", covering diverse issues such as 'Education for Change' , A common struggle , protest culture, Human Rights and Women. The "Crack in the Wall T.V." provides videos uploaded by users, dealing with the realities of life on both sides.